Due to unprecedented scale and geographic spread of the impact we encourage all to work with local response organizations to assist those in most need.
- https://www.cstsonline.org/resources/resource-master-list/harvey-irma-hurricanes-aug-sept-2017 Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
- http://disasterpsych.org/what/education DPO training materials
- American Red Cross, learn more about health care volunteer opportunities with ARC (https://www.redcross.org/);
- American Psychiatric Association and its APA Foundation Relief Fund (http://www.americanpsychiatricfoundation.org/
- Charity Navigator (https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=5239&from=homepage)
DPO is exploring options of further engagement in specific areas – we will share more information as it becomes available. Here are some DPO resources that are freely available – http://disasterpsych.org/what/education if you are preparing to engage in direct response.